Aerobodies is seeking the services of an Accountant III. The selected individual will have the requisite education, skills, and experience to provide a range of accounting services to DC client, which are included in the below position description.
Term of Engagement
Aerobodies is seeking assistance for a minimum term of three months, which may be extended, depending on the performance of the selected individual and the needs of the agency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA certification is preferred
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience in a government setting
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP
- Minimum 5 years of general ledger experience.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in financial and/or accounting
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and Workplace is strongly preferred.
- Proficient computer skills using MS Office, accounting software, and excel databases.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to analyze and interpret accounting and financial data, and prepare financial reports in
- accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and standards.
- Additional experience in pension and investment accounting is preferred.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system experience and knowledge are preferred.
- Financial system implementation/migration experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with both accounting and non-accounting personnel.
- Strong and effective communicator, both written and verbal, with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Monday - Friday
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- The Accountant III processes and reconciles financial, investment, and budgetary accounting transactions for the Agency. The individual gathers, prepares, reviews, and records financial transactions in company’s general ledger.
- Performs monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities, including reconciliations of major balance sheet accounts, including cash, receivables and payables.
- Reviews purchase orders for accuracy.
- Ensures all transactions are appropriately recorded in general ledger with supporting documentation.
- Prepares regular and special financial reports in accordance with procedures, regulations and standards.
- Under the direction of the Controller, works to improve systems and procedures and initiates corrective action.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies as they arise, after determining the causes for the same.
- Provides accounting support for investment activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you do not find interest in this opportunity but know of someone who may, we kindly ask that you refer the individual to Aerobodies by forwarding this job posting.
Aerobodies Fitness Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides excellent competitive salary, benefit and growth opportunities. We thank you for your interest.
Alternatively, you can apply to this job using your profile on one of the following sites: